Most devices running Android must be rooted in order to install custom versions of the Android system such as CyanogenMod. The stock configuration (unrooted), user-installed applications do not have direct access to the flash memory chip on the device and are not able to replace or modify the operating system itself. Rooting is also necessary for certain applications and widgets that require additional system and hardware rights such as rebooting the phone, certain backup utilities, and other access to other hardware such as status LEDs. Rooting is also needed to disable or remove manufacturer-installed applications such as City ID. Rooting the phone typically also includes installing an application called Superuser that supervises which applications are granted root rights.
How To Root Sony Xperia Ray?
Now I’m going to show you an easy method to root your Sony Xperia Ray Android 4.0.3 Smartphone. Yesterday, I have rooted my phone. So, it is tested and 100% working without any problems. Above I mentioned the advantages of rooting your smartphone. After rooted, now I can install a lot of apps(root needed), and a lot of features are unlocked. The happiest thing is, “All the extra settings in my ” Avast Mobile Security” are unlocked!! Now, my phone is 100% secured. So, what do you think? Wanna root your phone? If your answer is “Yes”. Just follow these simple steps.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then i can help you in solving the same.
- Sony Xperia Ray ST18i
- Android 4.0.3
- Sony Xperia Ray Rooting Package.You Can Get It From Here
- Windows Operating System [Any Edition]
Steps Before Going To Root Your Root Sony Xperia Ray
- Backup Your Device (Songs, Videos, Images, Contacts, Call log, Messages).In normal condition, you will never lose anything while rooting.But, I strongly recommending for taking a backup.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- ADB Should be installed in your computer without which it’s not possible to make use of this procedure.(Included in Sony Xperia Ray Rooting Package.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Sony Xperia Ray from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
Assuming that you have followed all the above-mentioned instructions, you can now proceed for rooting steps!
Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and open the file “runme.bat” file from your computer.
As soon as you connect your phone, press 1 and hit on Enter to start the process of rooting. Once the rooting process is done, superuser and busy box will be installed in the device and also once it’s done, it will mention on the screen that “All Done” which will mean that the rooting is successful.Your phone will be restart 2 times while rooting.
Note: In case if the phone doesn’t get rooted successfully, you need to repeat the whole process from the start to root your phone.
Well done! Your Sony Xperia Ray have now successfully rooted or we have done the Jailbreak Sony Ericsson Xperia! Enjoy and let me know your comments.Thanks!