This is a simple tutorial for Flashing A Custom Kernel Using Flashtool. I think most the advanced users know how to do this. But, this tutorial is for beginners. We all know how to flash a firmware using the flashtool. The extension of the firmware is (.ftf) .But, most of the readers are little confused on the .img filetyple kernels. So, this tutorial is going to show flash .img kernel.
How to flash img kernel using flashtool
1. Android Smartphone
2. Windows PC
3. Flashtool - Download The Latest Version Of Flashtool From Here
1. Download and install the flashtool provided in the requirements.
2. Copy the kernel (.img) , (.elf), (.sin) file and paste it in the firmwares directory.[C:Flashtoolfirmwares]
3. Enable USB debugging on your phone.
4. Connect the phone to PC (No need to turn-off the phone).
5. Open flashtool software.
6. Click flash button.
7. Choose “Fastboot Mode” .
8. Click “Reboot into fastboot mode (via ADB)“, and wait util it’s done.
9. Click on “Select kernel to flash“, choose the kernel file, and wait until it’s done.
10. Click on “Reboot device into system“. Check your phone whether it is restarting or not. If the device is ON, disconnect the device.
That’s all guys! You are successfully flashed your device!
For troubleshooting and questions feel free to leave a comment below and I will try to help out as much as I can.